So - you are interested in seeking financial advice, but not sure what to expect? We have put together a simple process detailing the steps which you will generally undertake with your financial adviser.
A financial adviser is someone who can:
- assess your individual needs
- tailor a strategy to help you achieve your goals
- access research on investments (to help avoid pitfalls)
- help you make the most of your KiwiSaver
- regularly review investments for continued suitability and identify and new opportunities
- be a sounding board for your retirement plans and ensure you are on the right track
- review your insurance requirements to ensure sufficient cover in the event of the unexpected.
What you can expect
|What you can expect|
Book an appointment with your financial adviser
If you don’t have an adviser, click here to find one near you who specialises in the areas in which you are seeking advice.
Your adviser will discuss your relevant needs to determine how they can add value. This first meeting also allows you to meet face-to-face to ensure you are comfortable and confident with the financial adviser relationship.
Your adviser will gather all relevant financial information they need from you and work with you to explore possible ways to achieve your financial goals and objectives.
Research and analysis
Your adviser will analyse your personal information and with the help of research and technical teams, identify appropriate strategies and suitable products and investments.
Your adviser will present recommendations that have been developed to suit your financial needs, goals and objectives.
You and your adviser will agree on a strategy and your adviser will help you to implement the agreed actions including completing the relevant forms.
Ongoing reviews and services
As your lifestyle and financial circumstances changes, so too will your financial needs. It is crucial to have an adviser assist you during those times.